Buying a home and moving into it is usually exciting but we also know that it takes a lot of organising and can be really stressful.
There’s no doubt that the whole process of buying a house is a lot easier with the services of a trusted legal team with the knowledge and experience to guide you through, providing you with the necessary legal advice and help you need along the way:
- The instruction: We contact the agent, and the seller’s solicitors, requesting all of the necessary documentation, checking through it all to guarantee that everything is as it should be.
- Mortgage offer: We study every detail of your mortgage offer so that there is no doubt, whatsoever, that everything is as you understand it to be.
- Signing the contract: All aspects of your contract are explained to you before you sign, so that any grey areas can be cleared up and we know that you are 100% happy, prior to contracts being exchanged with the seller.
- Negotiating the exchange date: Once everything is agreed between us and the seller’s party, we negotiate an exchange date that is best suited to your needs.
- Exchange of contracts: When we have agreement on the completion date, contracts are exchanged and you’ve purchased your property. You are now safe to call your removal company and start organising the big move.
- Completion: The day that you’ve been waiting for – when you pick up your keys and move into your new home.
We understand that buying a property is the biggest investment you are ever likely to make, so we do all we can to make sure it is as free from risk as possible. We make sure that all the appropriate checks are carried out, and that all the right documentation is in place:
- We make sure that everything is placed with the property’s title deeds.
- We carry out all the necessary conveyancing searches, essential for the protection of you, and your lender (if applicable).
- We cover all aspects of Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT). Our extensive knowledge and experience means we can act efficiently while ensuring the best possible quality of service to ensure your move goes as smoothly as possible.
Get in touch with our team of solicitors in Cardiff and Newport today for legal advice on buying a home.