The successful candidate will provide secretarial and administrative support to the fee earner(s) within the department to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency.
Key duties include (but are not limited to):
- The accurate and timely transcription of correspondence via audio dictation system.
- Dealing with routine post, drafting straightforward replies under supervision of fee earner.
- Administering filing relating to conveyancing matters including, daily filing, opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Preparing mail and enclosures for dispatch in line with agreed timescales as set by the departmental head.
- Attending to clients and/or third parties and deal with enquiries in person or on the telephone, providing support in a professional and friendly way, ensuring that the Firm’s client care standards are upheld.
- Carrying out property searches, online form submissions and preparing contracts and other draft documents.
- Utilising the Firm’s Case Management System efficiently and effectively in accordance with departmental processes and procedures.
- Updating online portals with the most up to date and accurate information on case progression.
- Under supervision, to carry out duties such as taking detailed client instructions, drafting standard business letters that do not contain legal advice and managing files requiring little or no technical fee earner input, including SDLT forms, Land Registry applications and requisitions.
- To be IT literate, with skills in Word, Excel and record keeping.
- Experience of working in a Residential Conveyancing environment and the post completion process is desirable.
If you think you’re right for the role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require further information, or for a detailed job specification, please contact the HR Department: HR@hevans.com